福彩十五选五走势图:How to Plan Your Giving
体彩前三直玩法介绍 www.2djw.net There are many different ways to make a gift to the school, and all gifts make a positive impact on our students and teachers. Our Guide to Philanthropy (embedded below) provides information about the many giving opportunities at Harker. The following are options you may wish to consider when making your gift. Check to see if your corporation has a matching gift program.
Where to Direct Your Gift
There are several different fundraising areas which benefit our students. We ask our community to make their primary gift each year to annual giving, which helps to fund annual operations. After making a gift to annual giving, donors may choose to support the school through one of our yearly event fundraisers - the picnic or the gala.
Longer-term gifts are also greatly appreciated. During your time at Harker, we will also ask you to consider making a capital giving gift to support the construction and upgrade of buildings and facilities to meet student needs. Just as parents have given in the past to support the addition of new facilities your child can currently enjoy, you may also choose to make a gift for the benefit of future students. This can be achieved via a capital gift, giving to the endowment or designating a planned gift.
How to Make Your Gift
- Gifts via Cash, Check, or Credit Card
- Gifts of Securities – One of the best ways to make a gift to Harker is to donate appreciated securities. A gift of stock held more than one year entitles the donor to a charitable deduction for its full current market value, in most cases without paying the capital gains tax on the appreciation, which would be required if the securities were sold for personal gain. Transfer of Securities Form (pdf)
- Wire Transfer – Gifts may also be made by directly transferring funds to our bank. Wire Transfer Information (pdf)
- Gifts of Tangible Personal Property (In-Kind Gifts) – Donate a tangible asset that can be used by The Harker School in our student programs and you can also receive a charitable deduction equal to the asset's fair market value. In-Kind Gift form (pdf)
- Automatic Clearing House (ACH)
- Bequest – You may choose to include Harker in your estate planning with a bequest. Learn more about planned giving.
Memorial or Honorary Gifts
Pay special tribute to a family member, friend, colleague or group with a memorial or honorary gift. Be sure to include this special information on your pledge form or when you make your gift online.
Make Your Gift Multiply with Corporate Matching Gifts
Double, triple or even quadruple a gift made to The Harker School if you are affiliated with a company that has a matching gift program. First, contact your employer's human resources department to see if you are eligible for a matching gift. Next, complete the forms provided by your employer, send it with your donation and Harker will submit the necessary paperwork. Check to see if your corporation has a matching gift program.
Each year The Harker School puts on two schoolwide events as fundraising and friendraising activities. These events are organized by more than 100 dedicated parent volunteers, staffed by many more, and bring together our school community to have fun while supporting our wonderful students.
The Family & Alumni Picnic is a decades-old tradition in which the entire Harker community gathers together each fall to celebrate the beginning of the new school year and enjoy a day of fabulous family fun. More than a "picnic," the day includes games and prizes galore, great food, fantastic student entertainment, the ever popular silent auction, fun-filled themed activities, and more.
Our February gala is more than just a show; it is a Night on the Town! This is a fun night out for parents and their guests to enjoy dinner and dancing, socializing with friends and casino games. Attendees can bid on fabulous prizes at our silent and live auctions and enjoy student performers, as well.
Proceeds from our event fundraisers go toward Harker’s general endowment. The general endowment is composed of unrestricted funds and enhances the school’s ability to sustain itself, evolve and grow, hire and retain outstanding faculty and staff, and attract and nurture gifted students. The principal is held in perpetuity, and only the income generated is used for operating support.
We also have three restricted endowments you may help support: The John Near Endowment for the study of U.S. history; the Mitra Family Endowment for the study of the humanities; and the Vegesna Grant, for faculty professional development.
Learn more about planned giving.
Nonprofit Status Information
The Harker School is a 501(c)(3) corporation, tax ID number 94-1613808.
Download our 501(c)(3) letter of determination (pdf)